Sound Recording, Music and Radio

MUSIC'S INFLUENCE --  
When I was about 14 I started to listen to a lot of 2Pac because when I heard his music I interpreted a lot like poetry. My mother did not like me listening to his music because she had heard previous songs of his with a lot of profanity and did not feel like it was appropriate for me to listen to that type of music at my age. I felt frustrated that she was trying to limit my growth through music and explained to her that he also had songs that also revealed social issues which were important for me to hear and learn from. My favorite music genres are R&B, Hip- Hop, Rap, Spanish Banda and Reggaetton. My top five favorite artists are Drake, Maxwell, Mariah Carey, Cristian Castro and Selena. 
TOPIC 2: CAMPUS RADIO -- 
I think an LBCC radio station would be a great idea because it would help build additional communication source to the campus other than LB live and The Commuter. It would also give students majoring in Communication and or Journalism an opportunity at some hands on experience. I think the idea is feasible as long as there are funds secured and a great marketing strategy to support it. I think a good niche idea would be to have programs such as LBCC announcements/ news. Interviews with teachers so that the student body can get to know even if we aren't taking their class it would build a sense of community. Clubs could also be interviewed to generate interest in campus involvement. There could also be a segment for playing music that is not so mainstream as well as local artists. Students could fund the venture by selling ad space, applying for grants, requesting funds from the LBCC foundation and or fund raising. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Big Data

Advertising & Persuasive Techniques